Feeling down? Feeling misunderstood? I have been so I know of what I speak. Hopefully it will save you some time and trouble. There are no magic bullets, no magic beans or magic pills. There is hard work, determination, frustration, reward and above all action. There are amazing tools you can use, but be cautious not to look to any tool as a source of resolving and/or justifying where you are and where you will go to next.
In the end, we have all the answers we need within ourselves. There are people, friends, tools, etc. that can help us bounce our ideas around and move them forward; however, if you find yourself enchanted with anything outside of yourself do yourself a favor and ask the following questions:
1) Is this speaking to me because it is what I want to hear, or because it is true (maybe both)?
2) Is this speaking to me because it excuses my unproductive or bad behavior?
3) Is following this line of thought, reading this book, watching this DVD, etc. an excuse to not do the work? Or is it facilitating it?
4) Am I burning hours on shoring up my philosophies rather than working them?
5) Are my philosophies really philosophies or excuses?
6) Why am I in need of finding justification(s) to what I know is right for me?
7) Am I wasting energy ‘exploring’ when I could be implementing hands on learning?
“Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.” ~ Mark Victor Hansen